Iraq: Depleted Uranium aka "Baghdad Boils?!"
There are two must read articles in this post: The first is on the growing scandal over the use of Depleted Uranium weapons as the reason Anthony Principi stepped down as head of the Veterans Administration. The second is “Iraq: Depleted Uranium aka “Baghdad Boils?!” Both are absolute must reads.
The U.S. used over 20 million gallons of Agent Orange (among other Agent “colors”) in Vietnam. The U.S. and the Pentagon said it was harmless to humans. They new better and deliberately covered up the truth—it kills people as well as plants! Except for a relatively small group of people in this nation, most do not have any idea what Agent Orange was and is. I’ve asked many, many people about Agent Orange and they all have asked me, “Agent What”. Time has a way of erasing history in this nation to say the least.
We know that the Depleted Uranium that Iraq has been, and is currently, being bombarded with has turned Iraq into what is essentially a “Nuclear” wasteland. In short, the use of depleted uranium weapons is not only killing Iraq and the Iraqi people, but it is also killing those using the DU weapons—our own troops.
Just like they did over the use of Agent Orange in Vietnam, the Pentagon, DoD, Congress and the White House, they lie when telling us that there is no evidence that DU harms people. I wonder if ten years from now, as more and more die from DU contamination, if the memories of the American people will be as bad about DU contamination as it has been and is over the use of Agent Orange in Vietnam. Will Iraq be left to struggle like Vietnam; will veterans contaminated by DU be hung out to dry as have been so many veterans for the American War on Vietnam? There are already 518,000 vets from the first American invasion into the Gulf—how many more in the next few years? -- Jack
Preventive Psychiatry E-Newsletter charged Monday that the reason Veterans Affairs Secretary Anthony Principi stepped down… was the growing scandal surrounding the use of uranium munitions in the Iraq War. 12-24
“The VA Secretary (Principi) was aware of this fact as far back as 2000,” wrote Bernklau. “He, and the Bush administration have been hiding these facts, but now, thanks to Moret’s report, (it) ... is far too big to hide or to cover up!”
“Terry Jamison, Public Affairs Specialist, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs, Department of Veterans Affairs, at the VA Central Office, recently reported that ‘Gulf Era Veterans’ now on medical disability, since 1991, number 518,739 Veterans,” said Berklau.
“The long-term effects have revealed that DU (uranium oxide) is a virtual death sentence,” stated Berklau. “Marion Fulk, a nuclear physical chemist, who retired from the Lawrence Livermore Nuclear Weapons Lab, and was also involved with the Manhattan Project, interprets the new and rapid malignancies in the soldiers (from the 2003 Iraq War) as ‘spectacular … and a matter of concern!’”
When asked if the main purpose of using DU was for “destroying things and killing people,” Fulk was more specific: “I would say it is the perfect weapon for killing lots of people!”
Iraq: Depleted Uranium aka Baghdad Boils?!
December 23, 2005
There’s a possibility that the US Department of Defense (DoD) is hiding the US casualties under a disguise of 'Baghdad Boils’, a disease plaguing the US troops in Iraq, claimed to be caused by the sand fly bites, but possibly by depleted uranium (DU) radiation. To explore this issue I’ve forwarded the following article to DU experts in the world to have it checked and I’m now publishing it as a preliminary announcement here in iraq-war.ru. I’ll keep you updated on this as soon as I hear of them (if confirmed you can’t miss the fat mainstream headlining).
Recent evidence proves that depleted uranium (DU) is the definite cause of Gulf War Syndrome. Fourteen years after its introduction, DU has revealed as a death sentence, lately brought forth by Leuren Moret:
The biological particulate effect targets the Master Code in the DNA and causes numerous diseases difficult to define, but in effect devastating the human body for example with multiple malignancies and developing cancers. Out of 580,400 soldiers in first Gulf War, 11 thousand have died and already by 2000 there were 325,000 permanently disabled, the number increasing by 43,000 every year.
Besides, DU has internally contaminated their sexual partners, who have developed endometriosis and have been forced to have hysterectomies due to health problems. 67 percent of a test group of 251 soldiers have had babies with severe birth defects (missing members, organs, immune system diseases).
The United States has deliberately developed the DU in order to utilize the deadly properties of the DU and contaminated not only 42 states in United States, Sinai in Yom Kippur war (1973), Yugoslavia, southern Iraq (and areas nearby) in the first Gulf War and from 2003 on again in Iraq.
One of the reasons that the US deploys it allies in the southern parts of the Iraq, because it does not want to expose its own troops to the deadly radiation there from the first Gulf War. Thus the British, and the other coalition troops have been generously given the responsibility of the southern Iraq.
In a story 'Skin ulcers plague men from N.C. unit’ we are told: "In addition to the combat casualties suffered during a tour of duty in Iraq last year, an N.C. National Guard brigade also had to medevac 13 men back to a U.S. hospital after volleyball games left them vulnerable to one of the Iraq war's most exotic hazards – an outbreak of skin ulcers that can grow for years.
The victims, all men from the same small unit, contracted cutaneous leishmaniasis, characterized by weeping sores that refuse to heal, said Lt. Col Tim Mauldin, the brigade's top medical officer.
The illness is nicknamed "Baghdad Boil." At the time the guardsmen contracted it last year; the only way to treat it was to fly them back to Walter Reed Army Medical Center for up to three weeks of intravenous treatments with a drug called Pentostam"
Using Pentostam in the treatment of sand fly bite is most curious for two main reasons:
(1) One is tempted to suspect the US diagnosis, because for leishmaniasis, phlebotomus argentipes (also known as Kala-azar), a disease indeed caused by the bite of sand fly, there is a new, oral drug, Miltefosine is now available. The medicine is effective which makes the US use of sodium stibogluconate (commercial names: Pentostam or Stibanate) instead very curious, until we read the comment of Lt. Col Tim Mauldin concerning the sores (rather: 'malignancies’) known as Baghdad Boils: "No matter what you do, it just keeps getting bigger and bigger."
(2) Pentostam is administered into veins and "results in a greater than 50% decrease in parasite DNA, RNA protein and purine nucleoside triphosphate levels" (cf. section 5, Pharmacological properties ). It is not immediately obvious how the bites of tiny sandflies could cause changes in the Master Code in the DNA?
(3) Although the sand flies are unlikely cause for the Baghdad Boils, we can seek a different, more natural explanation for the disease is from the unit itself, to which all thirteen man belong. The 30th Enhanced Heavy Separate Brigade (Mech), "Old Hickory", has one battalion of M-1 Abrams Main Battle Tanks and two battalions of M-2 Bradley Fighting Vehicles: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/30in-bde.htm
The main weapon of the M1A1 is the M256 120mm smoothbore cannon, designed by the Rheinmetall Corporation of Germany. Engagement ranges approaching 4000 meters were successfully demonstrated during Operation Desert Storm. The primary armor-defeating ammunition of this weapon is the armor-piercing, fin-stabilized, discarding sabot (APDS-FS) round, which features a depleted uranium penetrators:http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m1.htm.
On the other hand, we know already from the first Gulf War that: "Soldiers who served in Bradley fighting vehicles, where it was common to sit on ammunition boxes where depleted uranium ammunition was stored, are now reporting that many have rectal cancer."
Having recognized the previous facts we are left with the following consequences:
(1) Depleted uranium explains the changes in the Master Code in the DNA caused by Baghdad Boils much better than the 'sand flies’ (if the sand flies are not simply considered as an army code word for 'uranium particles’ or alike). In fact, the diagnosis of Baghdad Boils as 'leishmaniasis’ put forth in several connections by Dr. Roger Bate is itself highly suspicious as Dr. Bate is a visiting fellow at American Enterprise Institute, a front for international armed looting around the world.
(2) As the United States treats the cancer developing multiple malignancies of its tank crews with Pentostam (and not Miltefosine), this shows that the US Armed Forces and the Pentagon are indeed aware of the effects of the depleted uranium, which again shows that they are lying in their denials of its cancer-producing effect, thus giving a direct answer to "QUESTION 11. WHAT DOES THE U.S. GOVT. KNOW ABOUT DU?": http://traprockpeace.org/moret_25nov03.pdf.
They know everything, even how to slow down the mutations caused by DU.
(3) More than 2000 U.S. service members have officially contracted the disease since the Iraq War began in early 2003, most of them in Iraq (though some also in Afghanistan). When these 'walking dead’ are added to the current DoD casualty figure (2160) as soon to be dead, the US death toll tops 4,000 with a single jump. The entire US colonial expeditionary force, the 300,000 having served in Iraq are soon to be counted as US Casualties, either dead or disabled by DU.
(4) As the depleted uranium penetrators are the main rounds of the US M1A1 tanks, and the extra rounds for the tanks are carried in the M2 Bradleys, there is no doubt, that after 1000 days of war, the entire US armored equipment in Iraq is totally contaminated making these vehicles literarily dead man’s chests. Actually the US tank crews are more safe outside than inside of them, despite the current conditions in Iraq.
(5) As the US Armed Forces in Iraq are actually living dead, a zombie army soon to follow the destiny of the previous army in the First Gulf War and their Armored Vehicles hopelessly contaminated by DU, the US army actually has no troops nor tanks. This means that its fate is sealed. The United States has lost the war in Iraq as soon as the troops get the information of how they are and have been deceived by an enemy worse than that they face in Iraq, the US government.
(6) Despite of this we may have even more to worry: in her recent articles Leuren Moret tell that the US has used more DU since 1991 than the atomicity equivalent of 40,000 Nagasagi Bombs, making four nuclear wars together. This, according to her may be enough for a death sentence for all of us, who will die in silent ways. To prevent this from happening we must not listen to Mr. Bush, who claims that the future generations will be grateful for sacrifices in Iraq: http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_3331907.
The current deception of the US solders themselves by the US Government could not make the issue more clear: no matter whether you are friend or foe, there is nobody the Government of the United States wouldn’t betray. To stop them all you have to do is pass this story to the US combat troops in Iraq. Explaining them what exactly stepping into US tanks means, will leave them unmanned. This in turn will stop the armoured brigades, which in turn stops the US divisions and armies – and in the end the US government war. As soon as the war is stopped, the entire human kind must step in and help the Iraqi people to clean the country from the depleted uranium.
I’m most thankful for your assistance in this already.
Section I: Depleted Uranium (more sources from articles themselves)
1. Depleted uranium: "Dirty bombs, dirty missiles, dirty bullets: A death sentence here and abroad" http://www.sfbayview.com/081804/Depleteduranium081804.shtml
2. Depleted Uranium: The Trojan Horse of Nuclear War http://www.mindfully.org/Nucs/2004/DU-Trojan-Horse1jul04.htm
3. QUESTION 11. WHAT DOES THE U.S. GOVT. KNOW ABOUT DU? http://traprockpeace.org/moret_25nov03.pdf
4. A Monumental War Crime ... DU
5. Leuren Moret Speaking on Depleted Uranium
6. Cancer Epidemic Caused by U.S. WMD http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/cancer_epidemic_.html
7. Marin Depleted Uranium Resolution Heats Up GI's Will Come Home To A Slow Death
8. The United States is Actively Engaged in War Crimes and Polluting with Deadly Nuclear Materials
9. New Information on Iraq
10. The UNITED STATES of MONSTERS: DEPLETED URANIUM
11. Iranian president calls for war crimes charges on U.S.
12. Squeezed To Death
13. World Uranium Weapons Conference 2003 http://www.uraniumweaponsconference.de/speakers.htm
14. International Criminal Tribunal For Afghanistan at Tokyo
15. Leuren Moret: Depleted Uranium Is WMD
16. Discounted casualties – the human cost of depleted uranium http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/abom/uran/index_e.html
17. Heads roll at Veterans AdministrationMushrooming depleted uranium (DU) scandal blamed
18. Casualties in Iraq
19. Pentagon Brass Suppresses Truth About Toxic Weapons
Section II: Baghdad Boil(some samples, google yourself for more hits):
Baghdad Boil to Return? (by Dr. Roger Bate, 05/13/2004) http://www.techcentralstation.com/051304C.html
Topic: BAGHDAD BOIL: parasites infect many U.S. troopsLINK:
Baghdad Boil' Afflicting U.S. Troops http://www.veteransforpeace.org/Baghdad_boil_041804.htm
Soldiers, Civilians Returning from Middle East: Be Aware of "Baghdad Boil"
RELIEF FROM BAGHDAD BOIL